Today, most of the smartphones are coming with an extra data storage capacity but still some people are using the SD card in their phone to extend their device storage space.
Despite of having such a great feature, sometimes memory cards are prone to errors and issues. If you are also using microSD card in your phone and facing some kind of errors and issues related to your SD card, you must read out this comprehensive guide.
In this article, I am going to discuss about how to fix SD card errors using 4 effective ways.
But before diving into the solutions, let’s find out what causes SD card errors or issues on your device.
Common Causes of SD Card Errors & Issues
These are some of the common scenarios that can often lead to SD card errors or issues:
- Improper insertion or removal of memory card
- If your SD card is physically damaged
- Interruption during the data transfer process
- Using the memory card for a long time
- If the card is being infected by virus or malware
- Improper handling of card
- Using the single SD card on multiple devices.
- If the SD card port is damaged or dust particle gets jammed in it.
After knowing the causes, now it’s a time to learn the ways on how to fix micro SD card error.
How to Fix Micro SD Card Error & Issues?
These are some of the troubleshooting fixes that will help you to solve SD card error. So, you must try all the solutions mentioned in this post one after another.
Fix 1: Remove & Reinsert Your SD Card
When you face any kind of errors and issues related to your SD card, the first solution you should always try is – Remove & reinsert your SD card again.
It is the common troubleshooting step that usually helps to fix corrupted SD card along with other kind of errors/issues of SD card.
This solution can sometimes work if the error is caused due to the poor connection between the card and the device.
By removing and reinserting the card, you will be able to re-establish a better connection that can resolve the error.
However, if this doesn’t help you to resolve the error, you may need to try the next troubleshooting steps.
Fix 2: Clean Your Memory Card & Slot
Many times, a lot of dirt, lint or dust particles get stuck in your memory card and the card slot that often cause several kinds of errors and issues on your SD card.
So, here I will suggest you to clean your SD card and the card slot properly and then re-insert the card again in your device to see whether the error is solved or not.
Fix 3: Restart Your Device
SD card errors are not always caused by the memory card but sometimes the minor glitches on device can cause such issues. In such a situation, restarting the device can help you to fix SD card errors.
However, if the issue is really caused due to minor glitches, then it can be easily resolved by applying this simple trick.
Fix 4: Run the Error Check
If the SD card error is not fixed even after trying the above-mentioned fixes, then you should run an error checking on an SD card by using the built-in Error Checking tool on your computer.
Follow these steps to know how to do so:
- Firstly, you need to connect your SD card to your computer via card reader.
- Then, double click on This PC, find your SD card & then make a right click on it.
- Next, click on “Properties” in a context menu then go to the “Tools” tab.
- Under the “Error checking“, you need to click on “Check” to start the error check.
- If prompted, select “Scan and repair drive” to automatically fix any errors found during the check.
- Wait for the error check to complete. This may take a few minutes or longer depending on the size of the SD card.
- Once the error check is complete, you will receive a report on any errors found and fixed.
After reading this extensive guide, hope you have gained enough knowledge on how to fix memory card errors.
As you can see, above I have mentioned 4 tested and tried ways to fix SD card errors. All the solutions are very easy so you must all of them.
I hope, one of them will surely help you to fix this error. If you like this post, don’t forget to share it.
Thanks for reading!