How career counselling helps students?
Students cultivate their dreams and passions during their school days. They develop interests in a particular field or sports or hobbies and would have that urging desire to pursue the same as their career. But due to the involvement of external factors like parents, relatives and friends, they drop their idea and pick up some random course that they do not like and spend the next three to five years of their lives studying that and end up in a job that doesn’t suit them. Their one wrong decision can affect their whole life and also their surroundings. When a student disinterested in a course pursues it, only because of compulsion can be an odd one out in a college by lagging attention and getting low scores. With the same quality, if he gets a job, it indirectly affects the company’s growth and the hard work of his teammates. Taking help from a career professional of Career Counselling in India can help if you do not want things to mess up, as mentioned above.
Do you know what career counselling is?
Career counselling is a process that includes a chain process of psychometric assessments, career reports, counselling sessions, action plans, and expert connections. Career counselling helps students understand their strengths and weaknesses and analyse their abilities, skills, interests, values and background to choose a suitable career for themselves. Psychometric assessments are a set of career aptitude tests which helps analyse students’ cognitive abilities. A career report is a computerised review of aptitude tests. In the counselling session, the counsellor will evaluate the career statement and suggest a specific course or field for students to pick up. Action plans include a detailed direction on how to achieve success. Students will get an opportunity to connect with the educational experts and know better about the field of work, workplace, etc.
Career Counsellors? Who are they?
Career counsellors are professionals who help students understand better about themselves by quoting their strengths, weaknesses, abilities, and skills. Career counsellors conduct psychometric tests and analyse the report to suggest aligning career options. Also, they make students sit with their parents during the counselling session and make both understand the scope of the available career options. They give deep insights into the job opportunities, employment sector, etc. They also lecture on skill development, new age careers, interpersonal skills, and stress management techniques for the students to learn and practice. Counsellors of Best Career Counselling in Bangalore have specific qualities such as empathy, compassion, patience, non-judgmental, effective listening and communication skills. Career counsellors also follow certain rules like, suggesting and not influencing; being unbiased and do not give superficial advice.
What do you know about psychometric assessments?
Psychometric assessments are a set of questions comprising skills, personality and ability-based interrogations. They are the primary part of career counselling and only after a student undergoes career aptitude tests, counsellors will sit for a session. Psychometric assessments assess numerical abilities, mechanical abilities, logical reasoning, critical thinking, abstract reasoning, verbal reasoning, etc. Through aptitude tests, counsellors will be able to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the students. Psychometric assessments are scientifically prepared by psychologists and are trusted by eminent people in the psychology field. Since the tests are conducted online, the report generated online is reliable and trustable. Some of the pros of psychometric assessments are a decline in herd mentality, self-awareness, self-knowledge, self-realisation, reduction in confusion among students, etc.
Well, who needs career counselling?
Career counselling has no specific age limit. Though, it is fancied to attend the session as early as 13 years of age. Between 13 to 17 years of age, students should be exposed to different career options. When they are given the right guidance in their 8th grade, they can choose their likeable stream (either science, arts or commerce) after 10th grade and opt for the suitable course for college. Due to unawareness among the students, they pick up the same usual 7 careers and end up dooming their lives. With appropriate counselling, students will shape their career paths by themselves for their own good. It’s just parents and others who should trust in their instinct. Also, taking career counselling from Career Counselling in India at the age of 13 will help students level up their self-confidence and self-esteem levels. The fear of failure and the tips and techniques to handle stress, depression and anxiety levels will keep themselves at bay. They turn out to be the best students with excellent decision-making skills and most importantly, they will have faith and trust in themselves.
Career counselling and students: How career guidance benefits students.
- Career counselling can help students choose the right path. Students will be a bit confused about which stream to opt for after 10th grade and courses for college. Career counselling can address such students with clarity and suggest options for them to choose a better career for themselves.
- Though it is okay to have more than one interest and passion, practically having a career in more than one field is quite tough. The psychometric assessment conducted by career counsellors helps the students choose the best field, without any confusion.
- There are chances for students to develop insecure feelings, low confidence and low esteem levels. Career counselling addresses such feelings and boosts their overall personality.
- Students tend to get influenced by parents, teachers, relatives and friends and pick up some random career. Career counselling enhances their decision-making skills and makes them stand by their chosen option
- Career counselling exposes students to the availability of a plethora of career options.
- Career counselling helps students in overcoming their fear of failure and also addresses issues like depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Career counselling gives an insight into life skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, etc., empowering the students to become better personalities.
- Career counselling enhances students’ focus and concentration levels, by imparting learning techniques.
- Students taking career counselling will be efficient in effective communication and self-realisation so that they can communicate without any doubts or fears.
- Career counselling helps empower the knowledge of both students and parents.
The benefits of career counselling are immense for school students. Career counselling by Best Career Counselling in Bangalore can be an eye-opening thing for students who aspire to become successful in their lives.