The Qatari World Cup is replete with star teams, but three main contenders for the World Cup can be identified. “Football-Fan” represents them, relying on sources you can trust . These are The Telegraph, CBS Sports (with reference to the bookmaker Caesars) and bookmaker bet365. They understand exactly who can win the 2022 World Cup.
Can Brazil win the 6th World Cup? And France to become the first team since 1962 to defend the title? Maybe Argentina will add the title of the strongest in the world to the title of champion of South America? You will learn about this from this material.
Brazil is who can win the 2022 World Cup
Selesao has 5 world titles, but the last one was won back in 2002. Since then, the team has not even risen to the podium.
Brazil is considered a favorit for the FIFA World Cup 2022, if only because its team is replete with stars in every line:
- the status of the first number on the shoulder and Alisson, and Ederson;
- in defense there is veteran Thiago Silva, experienced Marquinhos, as well as young Eder Militan and Gleison Bremer;
- in the support zone, Casemiro, Fabinho and Bruno Guimarães shine, and in the middle line – Lucas Paqueta and Fred;
- the names of the attackers speak for themselves: Neymar, Vinicius Junior, Rodrigo, Rafinha, Richarlison and Roberto Firmino.
Who can win the 2022 World Cup is them. With such a selection of players, there is nothing to count on a different result.
France: a lot of losses and two super-bright stars
On the one hand, the Tricolors will miss three significant performers:
- N’Golo Kante will not fly to Qatar due to a hamstring injury;
- Rafael Varane has ankle problems;
- Paul Pogba won’t help Le Bleu either. In September, the player underwent surgery on his right knee, and he will return to the field only next year.
Of course, these are significant losses, but France still has someone to count on for the 2022 World Cup. First of all, these are two stars in the attack line:
- Karim Benzema. The striker walked for a long time to the Golden Ball, and this year he finally received a prize. At 34, the player remains the leader of Real Madrid’s attacks;
- Kylian Mbappe. He fully justifies the status of the main hope of French football. And this season striker is a miracle how good. 17 goals in 17 opening matches for PSG speak for themselves.
Mbappe was born in 1998 when France won their first World Cup. In 2018, the striker made a significant contribution to winning the second. God loves a trinity, you say?
Argentina: the one who yearns to complete the collection of titles
Albiceleste achieved considerable success under Lionel Scaloni:
- at Copa America 2019, the team took 3rd place;
- at last year’s tournament, she took the trophy. First since 1993;
- The team’s unbeaten streak reached 32 matches. 5 to the world record.
Defense is the Achilles’ heel of Argentina, but the middle line and attack are very strong. One Lionel Messi is worth something. The legendary striker is still on fire – even at 35 years old . It is largely thanks to him that the “sky blues” are considered those who can win the 2022 World Cup.
If Argentina celebrates success at the FIFA World Cup 2022, the striker will finally become the champion of the planet. Obviously, this is his last chance.
And who do you think is the favorite of the upcoming World Cup? Maybe you have your own top three? Share your opinion.