Eyewear has become a fashion statement recently, but its primary purpose is to improve vision and eye health. And this article is a comprehensive guide to finding your perfect eyeglasses.
So the first step in finding the right eyeglasses is to schedule an eye exam with an optometrist. The eye care professional will conduct an eye exam to determine your visual acuity, check for underlying eye conditions, and assess your need for corrective lenses. They will also measure the size of your pupils, the distance between your eyes, and the curvature of your corneas.
The Importance of Face Shape
The shape of your face can significantly impact the type of eyeglasses that will look best on you. Meanwhile, a few of the most common face shapes include heart shape, round, square and oval.
- Full cheekbones, a rounded jawline, and a short forehead characterise round faces. These faces look best with angular frames that have a more structured look. Square and rectangular frames can also work well for round faces.
- A balanced forehead, cheekbones, and jawline characterise oval faces. This face shape is considered the most versatile and can accommodate almost any frame shape.
- A strong jawline, a broad forehead, and square-shaped cheekbones characterise square faces. Soft, rounded frames that are wider than the broadest part of the face can help balance the features of a square face.
- A broad forehead, cheekbones, and narrow jawline characterise heart-shaped faces. Cat-eye and round frames can help balance the face and bring attention to the eyes.
Eyeglass frames come in a variety of materials, including metal, plastic, and titanium. Each material has pros and cons, and the right choice will depend on your lifestyle and personal preferences.
- Metal frames are lightweight, durable, and versatile. They come in various colours and are a popular choice for those who want a classic look.
- Plastic frames are lightweight, affordable, and come in various colours and styles. They are a popular option for those who want a more casual look.
- Titanium frames are incredibly lightweight and durable, making them an excellent choice for those who lead an active lifestyle. They are also hypoallergenic, making them a good choice for sensitive skin.
You must select the proper lenses in addition to the appropriate frame. Progressive and single-vision lenses are the two primary categories of lenses. They correct only one type of vision, like reading or distance. Also, they are a wise option for people who require glasses for specific use. The multiple fields of vision that progressive lenses are intended to correct include distance, intermediate, and reading. These are excellent options if you need glasses for various things but want to avoid swapping between pairs. Speak to a Calgary optometrist to get a better idea of which option is right for you.
Consider Your Style
It’s crucial to take your style into account while selecting eyeglasses. Selecting a pair of glasses you love and feel comfortable wearing is crucial since the appropriate frames can enhance your features and match your style. Also, there are many possibilities to fit your style, whether you want a traditional, subtle appearance or a bright, vibrant statement. So when selecting your eyeglasses, consider the colours you wear most often and look for frames that complement or contrast those colours. It’s also important to consider the shape of your face and choose frames that will flatter your features.
Choosing suitable eyeglasses can significantly impact your vision and overall look. And by following this ultimate guide to choosing eyewear, you can find a pair that fits well, enhances your vision, and complements your style. Remember, the first step is to schedule an eye exam with an optometrist to ensure that you receive the right prescription and measurements. Finding your perfect eyeglasses will be easier with proper guidance.